 |
| Lincoln Memorial |
Bill, Chase, and I left for Washington, D.C. Thursday morning so that I could attend a work meeting on Friday. Chase did excellent on the drive up. We only stopped once for lunch. After we checked into the hotel we went walking to the National Geographic museum. I thought it would be cool and it was free. However, when we got there, the free part wasn't anything at all. At least, that's what appeared to me. There were two buildings. One you had to pay for and one you didn't. So unless we were totally clueless (which is very possible), then the free part sucked. There were probably a total of 20 photos to look at. So, we headed back to the hotel and cooled off a bit. Then we decided to head back out for dinner. We were given a recommendation which we actually had passed by on our walk. It was a seafood joint. Nice but kind of pricey and not a whole lot of food. Afterwards we drove down to the monuments. We got lost. Thankfully while sitting in traffic, I was able to ask for directions. We only saw a few things. It was getting late for Chase. I gave him a bottle at Lincoln Memorial. On the way back to the hotel, we got lost again. I was driving like a maniac--but so was everybody else. We finally made it back around 10:00pm. The next morning, I went to my meeting while the boys slept in. They met me for lunch and then I was done around 2:30. We checked out and started back home. Got lost AGAIN!!! This time for an 1 1/2 in the city. We asked several times for directions but no one was from the area. Finally, some guy said he was headed out of town and just to follow him. Thank goodness. I thought we were going to become permanent residents of D.C. Driving in D.C. is horrible!!!
 |
| Washington Monument |
 |
| WWII Memorial |
 |
| Having fun in the hotel bathroom |
No comments:
Post a Comment