Last week Chase's daycare declared "Week of the Child" which was a week filled with fun activities and to raise awareness for Cystic Fibrosis. Monday was "silly hat day". I took one his beach hats that had
Gone Fishin' embroidered on the front and sewed a bunch of fishing line to one side and then his bait and tackle to the other. He liked wearing it but I forgot to take a picture. So later that day when I picked him up I wanted to snap a quick photo. Big mistake. He was ill and was not having it. And yes, he threw a fit. Seems like he is doing that more over the last couple of weeks.
Tuesday was "picture day". As soon as I get those back, I'll share. Wednesday was "bring your stuffed animal to school".
Thursday was "Tacky day & Carnival". I spent more time picking this outfit than I do when I normally dress him. Later that day, they had a carnival set up with games and food. I was able to take off a little early from work to help. I spent most of the time chasing after Chase. He loved the balloon animal and getting his face painted.
Friday was "Movie and Teacher Appreciation Day". I cut some roses from my backyard and put them in cups wrapped in floral paper.
Over the weekend, Bill's cousin Brooks got married at a local golf course/country club. I had brought some books and a unopened package of this stuff called Moon Dough. I guess it it not suppose to be as messy or harmful as regular play dough? Anyway, before the ceremony, I opened the package and it exploded everywhere. It was on our clothes, in the seats in front of us, everywhere. Oh well, it was funny. Once the ceremony began, Chase didn't last too much longer. There were other babies that had to be taken out and we soon followed. He wasn't crying but he wanted to make noises. We just went outside and watched people at the driving range. Afterwards, at the reception, we discovered that Chase liked blueberries. He kept going back to the fruit table. Although, I was so afraid that he was going to yank the table cloth off. After we ate, we danced a little. He had a few moves. Mostly shaking his head. But for the majority of the time, I held him. He would not let me put him down. I didn't think he liked it so I would try to leave the dance floor. He didn't want to leave. So I was stuck dancing with a 27lbs baby in 3 inch heels. My feet were killing me!!!
 |
| Dancing with cousin Sarah |
 |
| Dancing with Grandma and Granddaddy |
 |
| Picture with Aunt Lou and Grandma |
 |
| With my cousin Molly |
 |
| Mommy, Chase & Daddy |
Last but not least, two random pictures of Chase. One in the bath tub with crayon all over him. We bought these crayons that can be used in the tub. The rub right off. We also discovered that they work good on skin. Chase is a good canvas for mommy to draw on. I have fun too at bath time. The second is of him giving a big cheesy smile.
No comments:
Post a Comment