I gave Chase his first haircut last Friday. It was one of those unplanned, spur of the moment things. Although, Bill and I have been talking about it for a while. His hair was just too long around the ears and back of the neck. So, just like that, I said "do you want to cut his hair?" I got the scissors and comb and we all sat on the floor. Well, that didn't work out too well because Chase wanted to move all over the place and I was so nervous. I am no barber or beautician that's for sure! We ended up moving Chase to his highchair. After combing his hair a hundred times, I started with the neck then moved around to the ears. I almost cut the tip of his ear off. AAAHHHH! Luckily there was no harm. Again, I was very nervous and then I was done. Lord knows how long it took me finish and you can't even tell a difference. I guess that's good thing. When it come time to cut the top part...I will be seeking professional help...AKA Gray (Bill's cousin).
 |
| All Smiles |
 |
| Chase is helping me comb his hair |
 |
| I collected the clippings in a bag and then tied the hair with a ribbin which will be placed in a photo album |
 |
| This may be the part where I almost cut his ear! Yikes! |
 |
| All DONE! |
And for those of you who haven't already heard this story...Chase has been waking up A LOT this week. Even before getting in bed, he would almost tear up and poke his lip out when I said it was time for night night. At first i thought he was scared. So, I would spend just a few extra minutes singing and talking to him. then he would wake up in the middle of night with a fake whine/cry. The first night I was in his room for 1 hr. rocking him, talking got him, and rubbing his back. Then I'd close the door and he would start back up. The next few nights Bill and I took turns checking on him. By the second or third night, we thought that maybe he wasn't ready to go to bed. So we let him stay up about an hour later. But we got the same result. Then finally last night I told Bill and we were not going to go in his room because there is nothing wrong with him. After about 30 mins Bill goes into his room. "Don't do it" I say...but he does. He said that it would be just that once. And it was but as soon as Bill came back to bed, Chase starting up again and cried for about an 1hr. He even started to cry out DADDY DA DA, DADEE, DADADADADA and then MA MA MAMA MA MAMA MA MA. Finally, we deiced to turn the monitor off. So hears the part where "I" at least think that I am a bad parent for letting my child cry himself to sleep but I also know that at this point there is nothing that I can do (unless I just stay in his room hunched over the side of the crib). We been through these stages before but it didn't seem to last as long during a night span. I am convinced that he is most likely going through a growth spurt. The doctors says that they can become restless during this time. Or maybe he's mad about his hair cut (ha ha). Hopefully tonight will go better.
No comments:
Post a Comment