Thursday, October 4, 2012

Happy 2nd Birthday!

 Chase is officially two years old today. I can't believe it and sometimes I don't want to believe it. I walked out of his room last night thinking that he was not the squirmy little baby lying in the crib that I use to pick up. Now, he can jump out of the crib. In fact, it was just last week that I thought to myself...how long can he continue to sleep in the crib? He had not once tried to get out and he still had plenty of room to move around. Well, wouldn't know that last weekend, I went to open the door to his room and there he was at the door. I asked "how did you get out of the crib?" And he replied "there" and pointed to the crib. So, I put him back in the crib and asked him to "show" me how you got out of the crib. He threw his leg over the front and rolled over the top rail and slid down. He grinned at me as if he wanted to say {ta da}.We plan to turn his convertible crib into a day bed this weekend. 

Also, this past weekend we celebrated Chase's birthday since Bill has to work this coming weekend. And what a shame. Saturday was rainy and cool. I was so disappointed. Chase's party theme was "Balls". He loves balls and "ball" was one of his first words so we knew he would have fun at the party. I had fun activities planned for outdoors. Everything down to the food was ball inspired (meatballs, sausage balls, cheese puff balls, and balls on top of the cupcakes). I had bought a variety of balls (both big and small), punch ball balloons, paddle balls, etc. so that each child could pick out what he/she wanted to take home. I also filled small mason jars with bubble gum balls to take home.

 
The party invitation









Since we had to go with plan B, we set up the party in the garage. I hung up a few balloons, but that was about the extent of the decorations. There was no extra room for the big blow up balls. Even though I was disappointed that the weather didn't cooperate, I think Chase had a good time. Not to mention, he got some really cool gifts. Thanks everyone for coming to the party and sharing the love and joy we have for our special little boy!

  
Blow out your candle







Daddy and Chase




 
Hold up two fingers


Aunt Kim and cousin Zane

  
Cousins Jenny and Zoey
  
My sister McCauley and her boyfriend, Trey
  
left to right: grandma, Aunt Lou, and cousin Emily.
 
Nana and Chase
  
Mommy and Chase with Aunt Tracy



I got a tractor! from Papa and Granny


Aunt Lynn and Uncle Henry with Chase



Chase got a car. Cousin Molly wants to ride too.

  
Cousins Zoey and Zane like the car too.
 
Hot Stuff!

We ended up playing with the huge volley ball in the backyard on Sunday.

  
Bill is actually behind the ball holding onto chase's shirt.
 
 
Chase with his classmate, Zach.
 Today he was cranky so I sang the 'Its my party and I'll cry if I want to' song. I tried to get some pictures of him at school this morning but he wasn't in the mood. He was a little out of character. It normally doesn't bother him for me to leave but this morning he kept clutching me and didn't want me to leave. Hopefully  he has had a great day so far. Many people have already called or emailed me with their birthday wishes for him. 

10-4 good buddy!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment