Friday, October 19, 2012

Homecoming Parade

Last Saturday, Bill and I took Chase to the ECU Homecoming parade. We had such a good time with him. The weather was perfect and we were in a good location. We got there a little early and were able to watch the Marching Band warm up.



Chase really enjoyed having candy, beads, and other items thrown at him. Before we knew it, he had put a sucker (paper and all) in his mouth. Afterwards, we went to a very packed UBE and then walked over to Winslow's for lunch. I'm so glad that we decide to make this trip. It was lots of fun.





Earlier this week, Chase has his two year check up . He is 34.5 inches tall and weighs 29.5 lbs.

Also, did I mention that I took his front crib rail down about two weeks ago? He did great the first week. He didn't roll off the bed like Bill thought he would. But then something changed. He got curious or scared. I don't know exactly. I put him to bed one night and I closed his bedroom door as I have always done. I heard him come to the door. I looked under the door and saw him looking back at me. I opened the door and he got back in bed. This happened a couple of times. Then I told him that I would crack the door open if he would stay in bed. I then went to take a shower. When I was drying off, I heard "someone" running. Then it stopped. Then it started again. I walked out of our room slowly and found Chase standing in the kitchen with his twilight turtle and blanket. I put him back to bed. I left the door open again and went back to my bedroom. After some time had passed, I went to his room and closed the door. I think he woke up again that night but he was still in his bed. The next couple of nights he continued to get out of his bed and go to the closed door. Bill checked on him one night and said that he could see Chase's fingers reaching from under the door. He had actually fallen asleep at the door. Luckily, the spare bedroom connects to Chase's room so Bill was able to put him back in the bed. For the last couple of nights I have been leaving the door cracked when he goes to bed and then when he is asleep I close the door. I just can't imagine leaving the door open all night and he waking up to roam the house. And for those who are wondering how we know when he wakes up...we still use baby monitors.

No comments:

Post a Comment