Chase was taken to the Emergency Room Saturday night because he had a fever of 104. We took his temperature at home and gave him Tyenol drops around 9:30. He immediately projectile vomited. Bill and I had to change out of our pajamas and pack Chase up ASAP. By 9:45 we were at the hospital and didn't have to wait too long to be seen by a nurse. They weighed him (17 lbs 3 oz), took a rectal temp, and recorded his blood pressure and heart beat. They gave him a Tyenol suppository. After an hour his temp fell to 99. We were then taken to a private room to be seen by a doctor. A nurse taped a "pee pee collection" bag on Chase just in case the doctor wanted to test his urine. While we waited, we asked if we could feed him since he threw up his milk. They gave him 1 1/2 oz Pedilite. By 2:00am we had not been seen by the doctor so Bill and I decided to leave. I told the nurse that this was unacceptable. She was very apologetic and understood our decision. Once we got home, I fed Chase a small bottle and then we went to bed around 3:00-3:30. He has since felt a little better and doesn't have a fever. I called the Peds office this morning and explained everything. They said to monitor him closely. The flu is running rampant!
No comments:
Post a Comment